Video/Motion Graphic Designer - Dayton, OH
Job Title: Video/Motion Graphic Designer - Dayton, OH
CLEAR is a global marketing strategy consultancy that empowers ambitious marketing leaders to achieve transformational business results through the combination of rigorous insight, robust strategy and inspiring creative. This unique combination of skills helps our clients access significant value through category leadership, brand development and creation of more innovative and superior experiences across touchpoints. We believe great strategy is impossible without rigorous insight; in a world filled with unsubstantiated opinions, clarity has never been more powerful.
CLEAR’s consultants and designers create transformational brand experiences and marketing strategies that have clear impact on our clients’ careers, businesses and categories. Since 2002, we’ve been delivering transformational strategies for leading businesses, brands and individuals in a diverse array of sectors. We have offices in London, New York, Dayton, Singapore and Shanghai, but we’re willing to fly wherever we’re needed. We have an extensive blue chip client list including GSK, Invesco, Nestle, Google, Durex, Disney and many more.
CLEAR is a division of M&C Saatchi, one of the world’s leading marketing services groups. The company is headquartered in London, England, with offices throughout the world.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and confident video & motion graphic designer with 1-3 years of experience in corporate branding, print, packaging, environments, and/or digital design to join the Clear team in Dayton, Ohio. This designer will be responsible for collaborating directly with the creative director and other colleagues to deliver against client challenges.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate with a natural passion for brands and an interest in the consumer experience, looking to jump into a challenge and continue developing design skills. He or she should also have an interest in learning the fundamentals of successful strategies, as this role works very closely with strategy consultants at Clear. This position involves contributing to a high level of creativity and support in design work across a diverse workload, requiring a person with curiosity, energy and integrity who consistently collaborates to deliver against high standards.
- Contribute to innovative, strategic and cutting-edge design solutions across mediums from concept through implementation that translate, support and activate the brand or business strategy
- Develop video and design work that is of a first-class standard, supporting a culture of excellence
- Support senior design leadership on larger projects and take ownership over some smaller initiatives
- Create high-impact presentations with compelling visual and verbal storytelling
- Provide perspectives on design and for internal discussions and occasional client meetings
- Participate in the creative brainstorming process
- Inspire colleagues with new technologies, processes and ideas
- Support internal marketing and new business initiatives
- Remain current and communicate industry trends and techniques
Skills, experience and qualifications
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent in Graphic Design or Visual Communications
- Minimum 1 year graphic design experience through internships, freelance work or full-time employment
- Must be skilled and have experience in video and motion graphics
- Exceptional creative talent to create outputs in: branding, environmental graphics, ad/concept stimulus, digital, and/or iconography/illustration
- Ability to quickly concept multiple design solutions and evaluate directions
- Strong visual, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals; the ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A detail-oriented problem solver
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Expertise in standard design software
Package and benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- 15 days vacation a year + 3 floating holidays
- Private medical, dental & vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Simple IRA (401K) with company matching
Our people are the most important part of making CLEAR an energized place to work. The business is jam-packed with smart, ambitious and creative characters who are obsessed with clarity. We recognize and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development – there are many great success stories at CLEAR. The business has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy social events, parties, weekly team lunches, quiz nights, charity fundraising events and more together.
What we are looking for
Regardless of role within the business there are certain qualities we look for in the people in CLEAR. These are our values – and we celebrate those who live them best.
- Collaborative – Value team work. Put the team first. Encourage people to be better. Follow through on commitments to each other. Respect others and their opinions. Be honest and constructive. Listen first.
- Inspiring – Share. Learn from experience and feedback to the team. Share best practice so we can develop. Be brave. Be ambitious. Set exacting standards and help others reach them. Tell powerful stories.
- Simple – Be clear. Say things in plain English. Be unambiguous. Organize your thoughts before responding to challenges. Simplify complex problems. Be focussed. Ask simple questions – they’re often the most powerful.
- Commercial – Take action and make things happen. Be aware of the impact of your work and your decisions on the performance of the wider business. Recognize the commercial importance of work. Focus and prioritize effectively. Understand how we make money.
*No agencies please*