London, United Kingdom
The role of the Strategy Director is to focus on client engagements in the remit of brand positioning/repositioning, innovation strategy, category vision, brand architecture and portfolio strategy based on insight. You will be leading projects from brief through to successful delivery with support from a project team. You will also be responsible for growing existing and new client relationships. You need to be a proven new business winner but also able to roll your sleeves up and deliver – a real hunter gatherer! There are also opportunities for line management of more junior team members and offer development as part of the role.
Culture and rewards are an important part of making Clear an energised place to work with smart, ambitious and creative people. We recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development – there are many great success stories at Clear. Clear has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy social events, parties, weekly team lunches, quiz nights, charity fundraising events and more together.
Regardless of role within the business there are certain qualities we look for in the people in Clear
• Collaborative – Team Work. Put the team first. Encourage people to be better. Follow through on commitments to each other. Respect. Be honest, constructive and listen to others. Respect differences.
• Inspiring – Share. Learn from experience and feedback to the team. Share best practice so we can develop. Bravery. Be honest, constructive and listen to others. Respect different opinions.
• Simple – Clarity. Simplify complex issues and communicate clearly and frequently. Focus. Tell powerful stories. Approach situations with ideas and solutions.
• Commercial – Drive action. Take action and make things happen. Business relevance. Recognise the commercial relevance of work. Focus and prioritise effectively.
• Lead projects from start to finish putting strategic thinking at the heart of the project, ensuring quality of thinking
• Quality control – driving active partnership with clients on an ongoing basis, maintaining the highest standards of output from intellectual content to confidently delivering presentations to senior client audiences
• Extract insights from complex research, identifying the implications and ideas for brand growth
• Facilitate others in generating ideas, leading the creative process internally and externally
• Oversee and proactively manage the profitability of large projects, maximising revenue or decreasing costs where appropriate
• Manage project workload and resource in a team of consultants to deliver the project successfully
• Work across teams & geographies to deliver projects as required
• Take client briefs and develop unique and inspiring perspectives on their respective challenges to deliver winning pitches
• Cultivate relationships with new clients with the support of the dedicated new business team.
• Spot opportunities for new projects and added revenue from existing clients and convert these into projects
• Develop cut-through content which drives brand recognition and positions Clear at the forefront of marketing strategy thinking
• Use insight – can extract insight from data and complex pieces of research. Can identify the implications and ideas that insights inspire.
• Think strategically – Can analyse a problem from multiple perspectives and reason potential ways forward. Can identify the key issues or factors that make a difference to success. Thinks laterally to solve a challenge.
• Commercial marketer – Ability to look beyond project brief and understand a project objectives in the context of the broader business and growth challenge. Ability to assess and tell a story about commercial impact of a strategic recommendation and identify opportunities for follow-up business.
• Manage projects – Anticipates client needs before they are articulated, suggests alternative courses of action and has the information to map out implications to aid decision making. Suggest ways to make projects run smoothly – e.g. combining meetings, stages of projects.
• Win - Personally wins new clients. Actively makes approaches to new clients, is persistent in developing client relationships. Leads pitches and new biz meetings. Leads account development by spotting farming opportunities. Monitors and acts on client feedback.
• Develop offer and manage the business - Evolves and improves current approaches. Improves and enhances business tools. Seeks to manage and improve profitability through maximising revenue or decreasing costs on a project.
• Leadership - Represents a positive role model with ability to motivate, coach and inspire others. Leads thinking on all areas of Clear including people, product and process. Lives the Clear values of collaborative, inspiring, simple and commercial.
Skills, experience and qualifications
• Significant experience working within a brand strategy consultancy
• Solid understanding of all aspects of brand strategy and business implications to make these stick
• Experience of working on a range of brand problems across a range of clients
• Demonstrable experience in leading the thinking on projects to solve brand problems/challenges
• Diverse portfolio of sector experience – relevant experience in healthcare or B2B would be preferable but not essential
• Experience in leading projects with high degrees of responsibility
• High energy with the gravitas and ability to motivate and inspire others
• Proven project and time management skills
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Strong presentation & facilitation skills
• The ability to think laterally and creatively
• Evidence of new business development experience
• Relevant undergraduate & post-graduate degrees from a top university or equivalent
Package and benefits
• Competitive salary and bonus potential
• 26 days holiday a year
• Private medical cover & dental insurance
• Life Assurance
• Pension scheme
*No agencies please*