Senior Strategy Consultant - Digital
Clear is looking for a Senior Strategy Consultant who is experienced in and passionate about marketing strategy in a digital world.
The role sits within our Consultancy team and focuses on brand strategy (positioning/repositioning, architecture and portfolio work) and innovation work. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to lead projects from brief through to successful delivery with support from a project team. You will work closely with other members of
Clear to deliver outstanding work as well as supporting the new business and farming efforts across the business, with responsibility for growing existing and new client relationships. There are also opportunities for line management of more junior team members and offer development as part of the role.
This person will need to understand the role that digital can or could play in clients’ organisations as well as in the broader category/adjacencies they compete within. They will have experience of identifying growth opportunities, developing brand positioning and creating product innovations for clients in digital businesses as well as helping traditional businesses grow in more digital opportunities and channels.
This will mean working with the wider team to deliver strategy that is stress tested for the digital environment and being able to recommend potential digital activation work streams (e.g. making good use of client’s behavioural ‘Big Data’ sets or be able to recommend how clients could deliver / improve services through digital channels). But they will not be required to create detailed digital activation strategies and/or tactical digital implementation.
As these more digital clients and challenges are an emergent part of our business, we will also need this person to be comfortable and have experience in delivering rigorous and clear strategies for clients who don’t have a digital bias.
- Lead projects from start to finish putting strategic thinking at the heart of the project, ensuring quality of thinking
- Extract insights from complex research, identifying the implications and ideas that the insights inspire brand growth
- Immerse in client’s business and audit their capabilities and points of differentiation to identify challenges and opportunities
- Engage and align senior stakeholders within client organisations to ensure outputs address key challenges
- Identify and prioritise key opportunities where digital platforms and services can help better engage customers and deliver the ideal customer experience
- Work with the team to fully integrate consideration of digital into Clear’s offer, helping to upskill other consultants and clients on the potential roles of digital channels and thinking
- Upskill Clear’s team on the digital environment and how it integrates with our offer – we want everyone in the company to be fluent in this space
- Facilitate others in generating ideas, leading the creative process with Clients
- Manage workloads, resources and other consultants to deliver successfully
- Manage the profitability of large engagements, maximising revenue or decreasing costs where appropriate
- Quality control – maintaining the highest standards of output, from written communications with the client, to confidently delivering presentations and workshops to senior client audiences
- Build relationships with new and existing clients by showcasing Clear’s approach to innovation in new business efforts
- Work with the new business team to target new clients, setting up and attending new business meetings, take briefs, and develop and pitch proposals
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience working in marketing strategy consultancies, management consultancies, and innovation agencies
- Demonstrable experience of running successful projects with digital considerations
- Be familiar with using more digital sources of insight to uncover new consumer attitudes and behaviours
- Experience and interest in upskilling others on the digital environment
- Experience in leading projects with high degrees of responsibility
- Experience of working on a range of strategic marketing and business challenges across a range of clients such as customer journey optimisation, growth opportunity identification and prioritisation, brand positioning, range architecture and product/service innovation
- Able to evidence new business development experience
- Sound understanding of brands and key challenges
- A passion for thinking beyond the obvious and inspiring others to do the same
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Proven project and time management skills
- The ability to think both commercially and creatively
Culture and rewards are an important part of making Clear an energised place to work with smart, ambitious and creative people. We recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development. As a global network and there have been many secondments and transfers between our Clear international offices. Clear has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy many social events, parties, adventure holidays, quiz nights, charity fundraising events.
Regardless of role within the business, there are certain values and behaviours we look for in the people in Clear:
Collaborative - Puts the team first. Encourages people to be better. Follows through
on commitments to each other. Is honest, constructive & listens to
Inspiring - Shares best practice so we can develop. Learns from experience and feeds back to the team. Is brave.
Simple - Simplifies complex issues and communicates clearly and frequently. Tells powerful stories. Approaches situations with ideas and solutions.
Commercial - Takes action and makes things happen. Recognises the commercial relevance of work. Focuses and prioritises effectively.
*No agencies please*