Senior Strategy Consultant / Associate Director - B2B
We are looking for an experienced strategic consultant to join our London team to help drive the growth of our B2B and Corporate practice as well as working across other areas of our business. You should have a consultancy background and demonstrable experience in B2B and corporate marketing / brand strategy.
Depending on experience, we are open to recruiting someone at Senior Consultant or Associate Director level, the main difference being the level of responsibility you will take for generating new business.
The role sits within our Consultancy team and you will work closely with the Director of B2B to build the practice and deliver excellent client work. You should be confident in leading projects (including brand, marketing, portfolio and innovation strategy) from brief to successful delivery with support from a project team and in engaging stakeholders across our clients’ organisations. You will have a resilient character with the ability to build strong working relationships with both colleagues and clients. Your contribution to marketing and new business efforts (both proactive and reactive) will be a critical part of the role.
We envisage that you will also work with colleagues on projects relating to consumer goods and services, so having relevant experience here will be advantageous.
- Lead the strategic thinking at the heart of client engagements, ensuring quality of narrative and output
- Extract insights from different forms of primary and desk research, identifying the relevant application to client challenges
- Immerse in the complexity of our clients’ businesses and sectors and audit their capabilities and points of differentiation to identify challenges and opportunities – delivering clear and evidenced recommendations
- Engage and align senior stakeholders within client organisations
- Take a leading role (supported by senior colleagues as appropriate) in all client interactions
- Facilitate others in generating ideas, leading the creative process with clients
- Manage own workload and resources (and where relevant, manage other consultants to deliver work)Oversee all logistics and finances associated with the engagements being managed; seeking opportunities to increase profitability of large engagements by maximising revenue or decreasing costs where appropriate
- Quality control – maintaining the highest standards of output, in written communications with the client, workshop environments and intellectual content
- Work across teams & geographies to deliver as required
- Build relationships with new clients by showcasing Clear’s credentials and experience in new business efforts
- Work with the new business team to target new clients, setting up and attending new business meetings
- Take client briefs, and develop and deliver proposals
- Build relationships across our existing clients through ongoing consultative discussion of their challenges
Skills experience and qualifications
- Significant experience with clients and new business generation
- Significant experience working in a brand / management consultancy environment
- Theoretical understanding and application of core strategy disciplines within project work (brand definition and management; purpose, positioning and proposition development; portfolio and architecture strategy; marketing planning and growth strategy; internal engagement and capabilities support; innovation)
- Demonstrable experience and understanding across several B2B/Corporate sectors (e.g. manufacturing, tech, energy / industry, professional services, financial services & institutions)
- Sound understanding of common business challenges in the corporate and B2B context
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methods and their relevant application to strategy
- A track record of driving change for complex client organisations; experience in leading projects with high degrees of responsibility
- A charismatic strategist who inspires and gets the best out of clients and colleagues in all interactions
- Proven project and time management skills and an awareness of the commercial contribution of your work
- The ability to think laterally and creatively
- A passion for thinking beyond the obvious and inspiring others to do the same
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Has gravitas and credibility with audiences at all levels, both internally and externally due to style and content of communication.
- You have commercial acumen and can work both independently and as part of a team
- Fluent in both written and verbal English
- Able to evidence new business development experience and client account development through relationship building with clients
- Being an experienced networker who is capable of opening doors in a professional manner
Culture and rewards are an important part of making Clear an energised place to work with smart, ambitious and creative people. We recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development. As a global network and there have been many secondments and transfers between our Clear international offices. Clear has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy many social events, parties, adventure holidays, quiz nights, charity fundraising events.
Regardless of role within the business, there are certain values and behaviours we look for in the people in Clear:
Collaborative - Puts the team first. Encourages people to be better. Follows through
on commitments to each other. Is honest, constructive & listens to
Inspiring - Shares best practice so we can develop. Learns from experience and feeds back to the team. Is brave.
Simple - Simplifies complex issues and communicates clearly and frequently. Tells powerful stories. Approaches situations with ideas and solutions.
Commercial - Takes action and makes things happen. Recognises the commercial relevance of work. Focuses and prioritises effectively.
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary and annual personal bonus potential
- Generous holiday allowance from day one (pro rata)
- Private medical insurance
- Dental cover
- Pension scheme
- Company paid lunches 2x weekly
Closing date: 25th May 2018
*No agencies please*