Senior Strategy Consultant
Clear’s Strategy team is looking for an experienced, charismatic ex-branding agency or marketing consultancy trained Senior Consultant to join the team at our London headquarters. The role sits within our Consultancy team and focuses on brand strategy (positioning/repositioning, architecture and portfolio work) and innovation work. This individual will be required to lead projects from brief to successful delivery with support from a project team. You will work closely with other members of Clear to deliver outstanding work as well as supporting the new business and farming efforts across the business, with responsibility for growing existing and new client relationships. There are also opportunities for line management of more junior team members and offer development as part of the role.
Culture and rewards are an important part of making Clear an energised place to work with smart, ambitious and creative people. We recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and support personal and professional development. Clear has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy many social events, weekly company lunches, parties, quiz nights, charity fundraising events and more together.
Regardless of role within the business, there are certain values and behaviours we look for in the people in Clear:
Collaborative - Puts the team first. Encourages people to be better. Follows through on commitments to each other. Is honest, constructive & listens to others.
Inspiring - Shares best practice so we can develop. Learns from experience and feeds back to the team. Is brave.
Simple - Simplifies complex issues and communicates clearly and frequently. Tells powerful stories. Approaches situations with ideas and solutions.
Commercial - Takes action and makes things happen. Recognises the commercial relevance of work. Focuses and prioritises effectively.
- Lead the strategic thinking at the heart of client engagements, ensuring quality of thinking
- Extract insights from complex research, identifying the implications and ideas that the insights inspire brand growth
- Immerse in client’s business and audit their capabilities and points of differentiation to identify challenges and opportunities
- Engage and align senior stakeholders within client organisations to ensure outputs address key challenges
- Facilitate others in generating ideas, leading the creative process with Clients
- Manage workload and resources
- Manage other consultants to deliver successfully
- Manage the profitability of large engagements, maximising revenue or decreasing costs where appropriate
- Quality control – maintaining the highest standards of output, in written communications with the client, workshop environments and intellectual content
- Oversee all logistics and finances associated with the engagements being managed
- Attend client meetings
- Deliver client presentations
- Work across teams & geographies to deliver as required
- Build relationships with new clients by showcasing Clear’s approach to innovation in new business efforts
- Work with the new business team to target new clients, setting up and attending new business meetings
- Take client briefs, and develop and deliver proposals
- Build relationships across our existing clients by working our key accounts
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Significant experience working in a brand consultancy / marketing agency environment
- A passion for strategy and innovation
- A charismatic strategist who inspires and gets the best out of clients in workshops
- A passion for winning new business, and cultivating client relationships
- Evidence of consistently exceeding internal and external expectations and holding very strong relationships with clients
- Experience in leading projects with high degrees of responsibility
- Proven project and time management skills
- The ability to think laterally and creatively
- Able to evidence new business development experience
- Sound understanding of brands and key challenges
- A passion for thinking beyond the obvious and inspiring others to do the same
- Excellent communication, influencing, and presentation skills
- Minimum 2:1 degree from university or equivalent
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary and annual personal bonus potential
- Generous holiday allowance from day one (pro rata)
- Private medical insurance
- Dental cover
- Pension scheme
- Weekly company paid lunches
*No agencies please*