Senior New Business Development Executive
CLEAR is a global marketing strategy consultancy that empowers ambitious marketing leaders to achieve transformational business results through the combination of rigorous insight, robust strategy and inspiring creative. This unique combination of skills helps our clients access significant value through category leadership, brand development and creation of more innovative and superior experiences across touchpoints. We believe great strategy is impossible without rigorous insight; in a world filled with unsubstantiated opinions, clarity has never been more powerful.
CLEAR’s consultants create transformational brand experiences and marketing strategies that have clear impact on our clients’ careers, businesses and categories. Since 2002, we’ve been delivering transformational strategies for leading businesses, brands and individuals in a diverse array of sectors. We have offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Dayton, Singapore and Shanghai, but we’re willing to fly wherever we’re needed. We have an extensive blue chip client list including GSK, Invesco, Nestle, Google, Durex, Disney and many more.
CLEAR is a division of M&C Saatchi, one of the world’s leading marketing services groups. The company is headquartered in London, England, with offices throughout the world.
Reporting to the Global Marketing Director, this role is focused on developing new client relationships, maximising our existing client database and executing the vision and strategy for marketing & business development at CLEAR UK. You will be working to help us deliver CLEAR’s commercial goals – hit our profit target and put strong foundations in place to grow.
You will need to show the impact of your activities and map out commercially sound recommendations throughout the year, inspiring the team on best practice in client development. The ideal candidate will have the credibility and gravitas to understand the challenges of prospective clients and identify the opportunities where we could add value and impact.
- Support the execution of the marketing plan, managing time effectively to meet new business targets across different growth verticals
- Create collateral to support growth initiatives: proactive outbound emails in response to market or client developments, promotional materials supporting new CLEAR content or thought-pieces, event invitations, landing pages for growth verticals and more…
- Actively manage marketing database of current client and prospect contact information. Knowledge of Salesforce, Campaign Monitor and other marketing automation platforms would be beneficial – but you will be trained on all these platforms by our team
- Collaborate with Global Head of Marketing to manage content creation and distribution across different marketing channels
- Track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, analysing event attendance, keyword search volumes, click/open rates etc. to proactively recommend future marketing strategies
- Share timely, accurate and insightful management information with UK Managing Director and senior team
- Identify more creative approaches to lead generation, as well as developing more effective means to measure our BD/marketing efforts, e.g. Google analytics, social media mentions etc.
- Manage and refine key meeting collateral, including CLEAR credentials and top case studies, ensuring consistency and clarity in how we’re presenting ourselves to prospects
- Promote best practice business development amongst consultants – currently, consultants are responsible for generating business from existing pillar accounts but some responsibility for creating the impetus and systems to connect with contacts on a regular basis falls on this role
- Attend client meetings alongside consultants
with the confidence to manage and facilitate these either in person or by phone
Skills and experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar marketing role (agency or in-house), preferably in a B2B environment
- Degree educated, with an understanding of marketing services
- Ability to understand brand and marketing issues from both a strategic and commercial perspective
- Confident in prioritising own time and managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience creating and managing digital, social, and experiential campaigns (both paid and organic)
- Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools
- A passion for growing clients and helping grow the reputation of a business
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Set the bar for others when it comes to best practice business development – high energy with the gravitas and ability to motivate and inspire others
- A listener with the ability to ask the right questions to our clients
Package and benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- 26 days holiday a year
- Private medical cover & dental insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
Our people are the most important part of making CLEAR an energised place to work. The business is jam-packed with smart, ambitious and creative characters who are obsessed with clarity. We recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development – there are many great success stories at CLEAR. The business has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy social events, parties, weekly team lunches, quiz nights, charity fundraising events and more together.
What we are looking for
Regardless of role within the business there are certain qualities we look for in the people in CLEAR. These are our values – and we celebrate those who live them best.
- Collaborative – Value team work. Put the team first. Encourage people to be better. Follow through on commitments to each other. Respect others and their opinions. Be honest and constructive. Listen first.
- Inspiring – Share. Learn from experience and feedback to the team. Share best practice so we can develop. Be brave. Be ambitious. Set exacting standards and help others reach them. Tell powerful stories.
- Simple – Be clear. Say things in plain English. Be unambiguous. Organise your thoughts before responding to challenges. Simplify complex problems. Be focussed. Ask simple questions – they’re often the most powerful.
- Commercial – Take action and make things happen. Be aware of the impact of your work and your decisions on the performance of the wider business. Recognise the commercial importance of work. Focus and prioritise effectively. Understand how we make money.
*No agencies please*