Senior Consultant, China
Clear brings clarity to our clients' toughest transformation questions. Businesses are increasingly fighting on more and more fronts. Knowing where to focus for sustainable growth requires a real grasp of their strengths.
Our rare combination of business rigour and end-customer perspective brings our clients the clarity to align their organisations for sustainable growth. Our multi-disciplinary teams of expert consultants work together to help our clients transform their businesses - by uncovering fresh insight, identifying opportunities for growth, translating this into clear marketing, brand and innovation strategy, and ensuring this is as actionable as possible for their businesses.
In 15 years we have grown into a £15 million per annum turnover business with 80 people and offices in London, New York, Los Angeles & Singapore. We are a growing business with a diverse and highly experienced team with backgrounds in client side marketing, consultancy, insight, analytics and design. We have an extensive blue chip client list including GSK, Bacardi, Pepsico, Nestle, Disney, Amazon and many more.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and highly motivated native Mandarin speaking Senior Consultant to join Clear. The ideal candidate will have a pride and passion for driving world-class marketing strategy solutions in China.
Clear wishes to establish a sizeable and sustainable business offering marketing strategy solutions to local Chinese clients in China. The Senior Consultant, China will spearhead the establishment and growth of this business. The role will be based in our London office, with frequent trips envisaged to China to develop client relationships and to lead project delivery and client management. It is envisaged the in the initial stages, the role will be supported by a network of specialist freelancers on the ground in China (which will be established by the successful candidate, subject to oversight and agreement by Clear’s Group Board). However, as the new business grows it is envisaged that it will help accelerate Clear’s ambitions to open a dedicated office on the ground in China in time, meaning that in the medium to long term there may be an opportunity for the successful candidate to establish a real presence on the ground in China.
The Senior Consultant, China will be responsible for selling and overseeing the delivery of Clear’s offer to Chinese clients in China. As such the successful candidate will prepare the strategy & business case for targeting local Chinese clients in China, develop the targeting and sales & marketing approach, and organise and ensure that resources are available (both within Clear UK and additional resources as needed) to deliver the strategy. The Senior Consultant, China will also be responsible for the delivery of the strategy and keeping the Board updated on progress and recommended modifications the strategy in a prompt and timely manner.
The Senior Consultant, China will also be the face of Clear to local Chinese clients in China. As such it is vital that this role is sponsored and supported by a Board level member of the Clear UK team and has access to wider Clear UK teams and resources, as appropriate to the level of leads and new business generated. This will help ensure that together we are able to offer Chinese clients a fully rounded experience of our capabilities, our approach and philosophy to marketing strategy, in addition to demonstrating Clear’s unique insight into the Chinese market and ensuring that our offer and approach is tailored to the specific challenges and opportunities in making marketing solutions in China stick.
Building the Chinese business
- Creates the strategy & business case for Clear’s China business
- Develops & delivers targeting strategy, marketing and new business approach to develop sales in China
- With support from the Clear’s Chinese Consultant, builds fresh perspectives and content on the Chinese consumer, market and brand challenges to grow Clear’s reputation as a Chinese expert
- Proactively identifies potential targets with current or future challenges in China, working closely with our Marketing Director to create bespoke targeting strategies
- Outlines on-the-ground Chinese specialist resources required to deliver strategy and go-to-market approach, and (subject to approval of Group Board Director) ensures they are in place
- Manages and motivates external specialist resources as required
- Secures new business and pitch meetings with suitably qualified local Chinese clientsIs responsible for delivering agreed incremental revenue forecasts for China business
- Works closely with the Group Board over time
to align on potential routes to market and means of best establishing an
on-the-ground presence in China
- Leads the response to all incoming Chinese opportunities, drawing sharp hypotheses based on market understanding and dynamics and advising on approaches which are fit for local purpose, and rooted in the local context
- With support from Clear UK team, leads proposal writing for Chinese clients and is responsible for converting pitches and building the revenue line
- Leads relationships with local Chinese clients, and is responsible for overall successful delivery of marketing strategy solutions as well as identifying opportunities to develop longer term partnerships over time in order to develop key accounts
- Demonstrates a passion for understanding clients’ business models and assets to recommend strategies that are ownable and unique
- Produces deliverables that are clearly constructed and visually engaging with clear recommendations, led by insights and data
- Manages external and internal communications to keep Group Board, UK Board and wider team fully up-to-speed
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- It is essential that you are bilingual Mandarin and English speaker
- Have the flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally if required.
- Significant in a marketing strategy/brand strategy environment targeting local Chinese clients in China, with proven experience of establishing new leads, pitching to clients and taking responsibility for the successful delivery of client engagements
- Confidence in building and managing relationships at all levels
- Excellent organisation skills, with ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent grasp of Microsoft Office, including advanced PowerPoint knowledge
Culture and rewards are an important part of making Clear an energised place to work with smart, ambitious and creative people. We recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development. As a global network and there have been many secondments and transfers between our Clear international offices. Clear has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy many social events, parties, adventure holidays, quiz nights, charity fundraising events.
Regardless of role within the business, there are certain values and behaviours we look for in the people in Clear:
Collaborative - Puts the team first. Encourages people to be better. Follows through on commitments to each other. Is honest, constructive & listens to others.
Inspiring - Shares best practice so we can develop. Learns from experience and feeds back to the team. Is brave.
Simple - Simplifies complex issues and communicates clearly and frequently. Tells powerful stories. Approaches situations with ideas and solutions.
Commercial - Takes action and makes things happen. Recognises the commercial relevance of work. Focuses and prioritises effectively.
Package and Benefits
Competitive Salary with benefits
26 days holiday a year
Private medical insurance
2 x Weekly company paid sharing lunch
Closing date for applications: 10th December 2018
*No agencies please*