CLEAR is a global marketing strategy consultancy that empowers ambitious marketing leaders to achieve transformational business results through the combination of rigorous insight, robust strategy and inspiring creative. This unique combination of skills helps our clients access significant value through category leadership, brand development and creation of more innovative and superior experiences across touchpoints. We believe great strategy is impossible without rigorous insight; in a world filled with unsubstantiated opinions, clarity has never been more powerful.
CLEAR’s consultants create transformational brand experiences and marketing strategies that have clear impact on our clients’ careers, businesses and categories. Since 2002, we’ve been delivering transformational strategies for leading businesses, brands and individuals in a diverse array of sectors. We have offices in London, New York, Frankfurt, Dayton, Singapore and Shanghai, but we’re willing to fly wherever we’re needed. We have an extensive blue chip client list including GSK, Invesco, Nestle, Google, Durex, Disney and many more.
CLEAR is a division of M&C Saatchi, one of the world’s leading marketing services groups. The company is headquartered in London, England, with offices throughout the world.
The role sits is a senior role in the strategic qual insights team. We’re looking for someone to deliver insight led strategy whilst focusing on the development of Clear’s qualitative research offering both internally and externally. You’ll also be expected to drive leading edge approaches, proposition development and internal competency so that Clear becomes renowned for its innovative research offering.
This is a senior role with the expectation of major impact on the business helping to solve client’s strategic marketing problems. You will have opportunities to progress further in the leadership of the Clear’s qualitative proposition and contribution into the broader strategic value of Clear. You must be able to work autonomously as well as integrate into the team offering direction and line management as we continue to grow.
- Leading projects from briefing to delivery, working with teams of Consultants from across the business
- Lead the insight thinking at the heart of projects, ensuring quality of inspiring recommendations
- Managing top-table ‘pillar clients’ from big picture account planning through to overseeing best-in-class insight projects (approaches and deliverables)
- New business generation – contributing significantly to winning new clients
- People responsibility –responsibilities for the progression of qualitative consultants and direct line management for individual team members
- Contribute to the continued building of Clear’s qualitative research offer - co-developing and implementing fresh approaches, tools and techniques to bring us to the forefront of the industry in this area
- Challenge and refresh thinking and best practice.
- Develop the technical competence of consultants via participation in training, coaching and mentoring
- Contribute and offer perspective into the broader strategic direction of Clear
Skills and experience
Strong moderation and facilitation skills
Ability to develop an inspiring strategic narrative from rigorous insight analysis
Highly skilled in writing and structuring debrief decks
Experience working within a qual agency.
A passion for strategy and innovation
A passion for winning new business, and cultivating client relationships at the highest level
Evidence of consistently exceeding internal and external expectations and holding very strong relationships with clients
Experience in leading projects with high degrees of responsibility
- Proven project and time management skills
- The ability to think laterally and creatively
- Sound understanding of brands and key challenges
- A passion for thinking beyond the obvious and inspiring others to do the same
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent presentation design skills
- Strong presenter
Package and benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- 26 days holiday a year
- Private medical cover & dental insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
Our people are the most important part of making CLEAR an energised place to work. The business is jam-packed with smart, ambitious and creative characters who are obsessed with clarity. We recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development – there are many great success stories at CLEAR. The business has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy social events, parties, weekly team lunches, quiz nights, charity fundraising events and more together.
What we are looking for
Regardless of role within the business there are certain qualities we look for in the people in CLEAR. These are our values – and we celebrate those who live them best.
- Collaborative – Value team work. Put the team first. Encourage people to be better. Follow through on commitments to each other. Respect others and their opinions. Be honest and constructive. Listen first.
- Inspiring – Share. Learn from experience and feedback to the team. Share best practice so we can develop. Be brave. Be ambitious. Set exacting standards and help others reach them. Tell powerful stories.
- Simple – Be clear. Say things in plain English. Be unambiguous. Organise your thoughts before responding to challenges. Simplify complex problems. Be focussed. Ask simple questions – they’re often the most powerful.
- Commercial – Take action and make things happen. Be aware of the impact of your work and your decisions on the performance of the wider business. Recognise the commercial importance of work. Focus and prioritise effectively. Understand how we make money.
*No agencies please*