Marketing Sciences Director
This role is ideal for a senior marketing science professional who is passionate about the practical marketing application of their work. The Marketing Science Head will be directly responsible for producing actionable segmentations and insight solutions for our clients (consumer & customer data, business insight) and developing new models and techniques that help Clear build more commercial, actionable and predictive strategies to their clients.
The individual should be a self-starter with a passion to apply creativity and innovation to research and marketing challenges. They should also be a strong and persuasive communicator with effective people skills because they will also be expected to be comfortable in a client facing environment providing input/leading insight solutions meetings, as well as contributing significantly to proposals and pitches.
We are particularly interested in the ability to integrate different data sources, e.g. open market segmentation, customer data and digital footprint. The MSH should challenge our offer from an intellectual and technical perspective to ensure we remain ahead of the game in our delivery to clients. They should be inquisitive and on the lookout for new sources of data which can supplement our offer and drive more predictive and commercial solutions.
Culture and rewards are an important part of making Clear an energised place to work with smart, ambitious and creative people. We recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development. Clear has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy social events, parties, weekly team lunches, quiz nights, charity fundraising events and more together.
Regardless of role within the business there are certain qualities we look for in the people in Clear:
• Collaborative – Team Work. Put the team first. Encourage people to be better. Follow through on commitments to each other. Respect. Be honest, constructive and listen to others. Respect differences.
• Inspiring – Share. Learn from experience and feedback to the team. Share best practice so we can develop. Bravery. Be honest, constructive and listen to others. Respect different opinions.
• Simple – Clarity. Simplify complex issues and communicate clearly and frequently. Focus. Tell powerful stories. Approach situations with ideas and solutions.
• Commercial – Drive action. Take action and make things happen. Business relevance. Recognise the commercial relevance of work. Focus and prioritise effectively.
The core responsibilities of the MSD split into three areas:
• Work with senior management and consultants to evolve and future-proof our quant/analytics offer, specifically…
o Leveraging of external and digital 3rd party data to predict consumer attitudes and behaviour in place of or complimenting self-reported data
o Integration of client data to drive actionability for global and local marketing teams
o Evolution of predictive and commercial segmentation with development of the right techniques and tools to deepen our strategic relationships with clients
• Producing leading edge and creative solutions for consultants through iterative processes, as well as managing and liaising with analytics suppliers, where applicable, to drive ROI
• Participating in and leading insight solution workshops in order to help embed these with core teams. Contributing appropriate content for proposals and participate in pitches where we need to demonstrate technical innovation and competency
Skills, experience and qualifications
• Strong statistical skills across a range of advanced analytical techniques.
• Strong understanding of brand and marketing principles. We’ll be looking for an individual who can talk with some fluency around the marketing process and therefore understands the inherent value of the work they do.
• Strong understanding of client’s customer data management to include open market customer data, customer data and digital/social media data.
• Strong understanding of client’s business performance data help model outcome of analysis and strategy on business performance.
• Strong interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will need to be able to successfully communicate and relate to clients and consultants alike.
• Degree from university ideally in a ‘science’ subject with a significant maths/statistics module, or equivalent experience.
• Significant experience working in a data science/marketing sciences/statistics role in a consultancy/marketing/research agency that has allowed the individual a degree of autonomy in the way they work and some creative license for the types of statistical solutions they produce.
Package and benefits
• Competitive salary and bonus potential
• 26 days holiday a year, rising to 30 after 4 years’ service
• Private medical cover & dental insurance
• Life Assurance
• Pension scheme + more!
*No agencies please*