Managing Director, Germany
Clear brings clarity to our clients' toughest transformation questions. Businesses are increasingly fighting on more and more fronts. Knowing where to focus for sustainable growth requires a real grasp of their strengths.
Our rare combination of business rigour and end-customer perspective brings our clients the clarity to align their organisations for sustainable growth. Our multi-disciplinary teams of expert consultants work together to help our clients transform their businesses - by uncovering fresh insight, identifying opportunities for growth, translating this into clear marketing, brand and innovation strategy, and ensuring this is as actionable as possible for their businesses.
In 15 years we have grown into a £15 million per annum turnover business with 80 people and offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, and Singapore. We are a growing business with a diverse and highly experienced team with backgrounds in client side marketing, consultancy, insight, analytics and design. We have an extensive blue chip client list including Barclaycard, Invesco, E.ON, Rothschild, Disney and many more.
Culture and rewards are an important part of making Clear an energised place to work with smart, ambitious and creative people. We recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development – there are many great success stories at Clear. As a global network and there have been many secondments and transfers between our Clear international offices. Clear has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy social events, in office activities, quiz nights, charity fundraising events and more.
What we are looking for
Regardless of role within the business there are certain qualities we look for in the people in Clear:
- Can do attitude – with a track record of getting involved and getting things done
- Commerciality – and a focus on the business relevance of what they do
- Clarity – in the way they communicate and express ideas
- Curiosity – and a desire to know and understand more about what they do
- Engaging passion – relating to others with enthusiasm, fun and humour
- Better together – working effectively as a team focussing on team led solutions
- Challenge & creativity – constantly looking for new and better ways to do things
Clear has established a strong presence with clients across Europe and currently trades in Germany. We believe there is a good culture fit between Clear’s philosophy and the German market. Powered by industry focus on Retail, B2B, CPG, and Pharma, the organisation has strong fundamentals and practices in place for incremental growth.
We will be launching a German office and are seeking an experienced, ‘new world, data-driven marketer’ who believes in Clear’s purpose and is ready to build a business. The German business will be supported by the rest of the group in terms of IP, case studies, offer development and seconding of staff. Senior Group management also assist our overseas businesses.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for someone with true entrepreneurial spirit to lead the growth of Clear in a new industry and new market, while playing a role in supporting the entire global business.
- Grow a sustainable business unit
- Develop client relationships which can lead to ongoing, recurring revenue
- Manage resources to ensure quality work and clear strategies
- Build a new business pipeline
- Deliver positive revenue growth and profit
- Grow & live the Clear brand in the German market
- Believes in Clear’s values and develops clear marketing strategies with insight, creative and strategic rigor
- Develop a strong perspective / IP that is relevant to target clients
- Craft an effective marketing plan that can be supported initially by internal group resources
- Obtain endorsements from clients to drive positive outbound stories and improve the organisation’s credibility
- Performance management
- Manage P&L
- Drive profitability on projects
- Inspire and motivate team to deliver on the Clear experience across new business and client work
- Adapt and shape the offer
- Adapt existing Clear toolkit for new clients, challenges and the existing data/information they are able to access
- Invent / create new tools which better suit marketing challenges
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Significant experience working in a brand or marketing strategy consultancy on an international basis
- Experience working within a Corporate marketing environment with a thorough knowledge of at least two different industries and how the landscape is evolving within them
- Solid understanding of all aspects of business and brand strategy and product/service innovation and ability to deliver outstanding quality of work
- Ability to understand brand and marketing issues from both a strategic and commercial perspective
- Fluency and comfort working with consumer insight data
- Solid experience of internal brand engagement and aligning organisations behind transformational customer-led brand and business strategies
- Track record of doing, evolving, and implementing innovative approaches to solve client brand challenges
- Commercially astute with a passion for business development, ideally with a portfolio of clients and accounts
- A track record of senior client and account management, creating new business opportunities and investing time to nurture & grow relationships
- A natural networker that understands the commercial aspects of senior industry roles
- A proven team player, driven by delivering results through collaboration rather than alone
- A natural passion for brands and consumer behaviour
- The ability to think laterally and creatively (beyond the obvious) and inspiring others to do the same
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Strong academic record
*No agencies please*