CLEAR is a global marketing strategy consultancy that empowers ambitious marketing leaders to achieve transformational business results through the combination of rigorous insight, robust strategy and inspiring creative. This unique combination of skills helps our clients access significant value through category leadership, brand development and creation of more innovative and superior experiences across touchpoints. We believe great strategy is impossible without rigorous insight; in a world filled with unsubstantiated opinions, clarity has never been more powerful.
CLEAR’s consultants create transformational brand experiences and marketing strategies that have clear impact on our clients’ careers, businesses and categories. Since 2002, we’ve been delivering transformational strategies for leading businesses, brands and individuals in a diverse array of sectors. We have offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Dayton, Singapore and Shanghai, but we’re willing to fly wherever we’re needed. We have an extensive blue chip client list including GSK, Invesco, Nestle, Google, Durex, Disney and many more.
CLEAR is a division of M&C Saatchi, one of the world’s leading marketing services groups. The company is headquartered in London, England, with offices throughout the world.
The Finance Assistant supports the Finance Team at Clear by assisting them in all areas of group finance. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Assistant is required to maintain and update financial records, process payments and expenses and offer ad hoc support to the Finance team and wider business. The Assistant will excel if he/she has meticulous attention to detail, strong overall organisational skills, and strong numerical and interpersonal skills.
- To accurately input purchase ledger invoices into accounting system Sage Line 50
- To pay all supplier invoices ensuring they have appropriate authorisation, and they are correctly set up on the banking system
- Responsible for all queries relating to invoices across the group
- To resolve any payment anomalies and maintain supplier records
- To update the cash book daily
- Handle employee expenses; reconciling expense claims and company credit card statements against receipts and claim forms,
- Credit control across the group
- Support the team with annual audit process
- Ad hoc financial projects and some office administration
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Previous experience in accounts payable is desired
- Must have strong numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills, with ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively
- Confidence building and managing relationships at all levels
- Strong team player with a collaborative approach and initiative
- Excellent grasp of Microsoft Office
Package and benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- 26 days holiday
- Private medical cover & dental insurance
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Pension scheme
- Two lunches per week provided by the company
Our people are the most important part of making CLEAR an energised place to work. The business is jam-packed with smart, ambitious and creative characters who are obsessed with clarity. We recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development – there are many great success stories at CLEAR. The business has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy social events, parties, weekly team lunches, quiz nights, charity fundraising events and more together.
What we are looking for
Regardless of role within the business there are certain qualities we look for in the people in CLEAR. These are our values and we celebrate those who live them best.
- Collaborative – Value team work. Put the team first. Encourage people to be better. Follow through on commitments to each other. Respect others and their opinions. Be honest and constructive. Listen first.
- Inspiring – Share. Learn from experience and feedback to the team. Share best practice so we can develop. Be brave. Be ambitious. Set exacting standards and help others reach them. Tell powerful stories.
- Simple – Be clear. Say things in plain English. Be unambiguous. Organise your thoughts before responding to challenges. Simplify complex problems. Be focussed. Ask simple questions – they’re often the most powerful.
- Commercial – Take action and make things happen. Be aware of the impact of your work and your decisions on the performance of the wider business. Recognise the commercial importance of work. Focus and prioritise effectively. Understand how we make money.
*No agencies please*