Director, Healthcare Practice
Clear is seeking to add an inspirational Director to our team. The role sits within our growing US team, with a focus on Healthcare (Pharma/OTC) offer and stretching across a breadth of strategy projects, qualitative and quantitative research and insight work, as well as innovation engagements.
You will be an active and engaged leader within our NY business, responsible for leading projects from brief through to successful delivery with support from a project team. There is an opportunity to support offer development, as well as line management of more junior team members.
Our ideal candidate will have ‘grown up’ conducting breakthrough qualitative work, with a passion for how to continue adapting techniques and tools to an ever changing, complex world of healthcare. They will have deep experience and a strong POV on where the healthcare experience is going for all stakeholders and how that will affect our clients’ brands and businesses.
Culture and rewards are an important part of making Clear an energized place to work with smart, ambitious and creative people. We recognize and reward people's hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development. Clear has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy summer and Christmas parties, Friday drinks, and monthly company lunches together.
Regardless of role within our business there are certain qualities that help people succeed at Clear:
- Can do attitude – with a track record of getting involved and getting things done
- Commerciality – a focus on the tangible client benefit and business relevance of our work
- Clarity – in the way they communicate and express ideas
- Curiosity – desire to know and understand more about our clients and our offer
- Engaging passion – working with others with enthusiasm, passion and humor
- Better together – working effectively as a team, collaboration at the heart of solutions
- Challenge & creativity – constantly looking for new and better ways to do things
- Identify new business opportunities to help drive Healthcare vertical growth and meet the vertical financial targets
- Partner with Sr. Director and New Business Partner(s) to drive outbound marketing with new and existing clients and contacts
- Elevate the quality of our healthcare deliverables and thinking by bringing a mix of insight/research and strategic marketing experience
- Partner to develop/evolve high quality tools in key focus areas for the healthcare vertical to help differentiate Clear
- Help skill up existing staff on healthcare and train/help hire new junior staff
- Moderates qualitative market research with HCPs, Patients, Caregivers and payers
- Support in the development of IP
- Lead projects from start to finish, putting strategic thinking at the heart of the project, ensuring quality, rigor, creativity of thinking and clarity of storytelling
Powerfully insightful - Can inspire and execute around the best approach for complex pieces of research, particularly qualitative focused. Can identify the implications and ideas that insights inspire.
Strategic & Creative Thinker - Can analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and reason potential ways forward. Can identify the key issues or factors that make a difference to success. Thinks laterally to solve a challenge.
Entrepreneurial minded - Self-starter who’s intellectually curious, not afraid of ambiguity and driven to excel. Is ok with change and has the ability to think on their feet
Commercial marketer - Ability to look beyond the project brief and understand a project objective in the context of the broader business and growth challenge. Ability to assess and tell a story about commercial impact of a strategic recommendation and identify opportunities for follow-up business.
Natural projects manager - Appreciates the role of great client management and will ensure high standards across all client touchpoints. Anticipates client needs before they are articulated, suggests alternative courses of action and has the information to map out implications to aid decision-making. Seeks to manage and improve profitability through maximizing revenue or decreasing costs on a project.
Excited by winning - Personally excited to win new clients and build sustainable relationships. Comfortable actively approaching new clients, is persistent in developing client relationships. Successfully leads pitches and new biz meetings. Leads account development by spotting farming opportunities. Monitors and acts on client feedback.
A big thinker - Develop offer and support business management. Evolves and improves current approaches. Improves and enhances business tools.
Inspiring Leader - Collaborative and inclusive. Represents a positive role model with ability to motivate, coach and inspire others. Leads thinking on all areas of Clear including people, product and process. Lives the Clear values.
Experience & Qualifications
- 10+ years marketing strategy consultancy, market researcher with client side brand experience
- Solid experience in qualitative and/quantitative insight development
- Rich experience in Diabetes, Oncology, Immunology, Cardiovascular, Movement disorders (MS, PD, etc.), medical devices, patient experience
- Ability to understand how to get to great customer insight and know what the implications are for the brand and business
- Understanding of pharma marketing and business planning
- Evidence of new business development experience
- Relevant undergraduate & post-graduate degrees
Package & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Great paid time off
- Paid sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company paid group term life insurance, short & long term disability
- Optional voluntary term life insurance
- Company Simple IRA plan
- Optional pre-tax company commuter plan available
*No agencies please*