Consultant / Sr. Consultant - Qual/Brand Strategy
CLEAR is a global marketing strategy consultancy that empowers ambitious marketing leaders to achieve transformational business results through the combination of rigorous insight, robust strategy and inspiring creative. This unique combination of skills helps our clients access significant value through category leadership, brand development and creation of more innovative and superior experiences across touchpoints. We believe great strategy is impossible without rigorous insight; in a world filled with unsubstantiated opinions, clarity has never been more powerful.
CLEAR’s consultants create transformational brand experiences and marketing strategies that have clear impact on our clients’ careers, businesses and categories. Since 2002, we’ve been delivering transformational strategies for leading businesses, brands and individuals in a diverse array of sectors. We have offices in London, New York, Dayton, Singapore and Shanghai, but we’re willing to fly wherever we’re needed. We have an extensive blue-chip client list including GSK, Pepsico, Toyota, Google, Disney and many more.
CLEAR is a division of M&C Saatchi, one of the world’s leading marketing services groups. The company is headquartered in London, England, with offices throughout the world.
Clear is seeking to add an inspirational Consultant/Sr. Consultant to our team. The role sits within our growing US team and stretches across a breadth of strategy projects, qualitative and quantitative research and insight work, as well as innovation engagements. The consultant/senior consultant will be responsible for leading projects from brief through to successful delivery.
Our ideal candidate will have conducted breakthrough qualitative work, have a passion for adapting new techniques and tools to an ever-changing consumer-driven world, and have a strong POV on where the consumer experience is going and how that will affect our clients.
- Lead insight led projects with minimal supervision
- Moderate all forms of qualitative research (groups, IDIs, TDIs, online communities/focus groups)
- Extracts insight from complex pieces of research to develop strategic recommendations
- Actively develop client relationships and helps to generate organic growth within accounts
- Help push forward new and innovative frameworks and tools in the business
- Manages profitability of projects and all aspects of project management
- Connect how our work drives the client’s overall business goals and can identify how to upsell work
Skills, experience and qualifications
- 1-5 years’ market research or brand strategy experience either with an agency or client
- Powerfully Insightful: Can extract insights from complex pieces of research and identify the implications and ideas that insights inspire
- Strategic & Creative Thinker: Can analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and reason potential ways forward
- Inspiring & Commercial Storyteller: Ability to assess and tell a story about commercial impact of a strategic recommendation and identify opportunities for follow-up business
- Rich experience working on a range of brand problems across a range of clients
- Understanding of marketing and business planning
- Relevant undergraduate & post-graduate degrees
- Confidence in liaising with clients and presenting information
Package and benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- 15 vacation days a year + 3 floating holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(K) matching
Our people are the most important part of making CLEAR an energized place to work. The business is jam-packed with smart, ambitious and creative characters who are obsessed with clarity. We recognize and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development – there are many great success stories at CLEAR.
The business has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy social events, parties, team lunches, quiz nights, charity fundraising events and more together.
What we are looking for
Regardless of role within the business there are certain qualities we look for in the people in CLEAR. These are our values – and we celebrate those who live them best.
- Collaborative – Value team work. Put the team first. Encourage people to be better. Follow through on commitments to each other. Respect others and their opinions. Be honest and constructive. Listen first.
- Inspiring – Share. Learn from experience and feedback to the team. Share best practice so we can develop. Be brave. Be ambitious. Set exacting standards and help others reach them. Tell powerful stories.
- Simple – Be clear. Say things in plain English. Be unambiguous. Organize your thoughts before responding to challenges. Simplify complex problems. Be focussed. Ask simple questions – they’re often the most powerful.
- Commercial – Take action and make things happen. Be aware of the impact of your work and your decisions on the performance of the wider business. Recognize the commercial importance of work. Focus and prioritize effectively. Understand how we make money.
*No agencies please*