Clear brings clarity to our clients' toughest transformation questions. Businesses are increasingly fighting on more and more fronts. Knowing where to focus for sustainable growth requires a real grasp of their strengths.
Our rare combination of business rigour and end-customer perspective brings our clients the clarity to align their organisations for sustainable growth. Our multi-disciplinary teams of expert consultants work together to help our clients transform their businesses - by uncovering fresh insight, identifying opportunities for growth, translating this into clear marketing, brand and innovation strategy, and ensuring this is as actionable as possible for their businesses.
In 15 years we have grown into a £15 million per annum turnover business with 80 people and offices in London, New York, Los Angeles & Singapore. We are a growing business with a diverse and highly experienced team with backgrounds in client side marketing, consultancy, insight, analytics and design. We have an extensive blue chip client list including GSK, Bacardi, Pepsico, Nestle, Disney, Amazon and many more.
What we are looking for
Regardless of role within the business there are certain qualities we look for in the people in Clear
- Can do attitude – with a track record of getting involved and getting things done
- Commerciality – and a focus on the business relevance of what they do
- Clarity – in the way they communicate and express ideas
- Curiosity – and a desire to know and understand more about what they do
- Engaging passion – relating to others with enthusiasm, fun and humour
- Better together – working effectively as a team focussing on team led solutions
- Challenge & creativity – constantly looking for new and better ways to do things
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and highly motivated native Mandarin speaking Graduate to join Clear. The ideal candidate will have a pride and passion for driving world-class marketing strategy solutions in China.
Initially, the role will be to support our Consultancy teams to get a fully rounded experience of our capabilities, our approach and philosophy to marketing strategy before taking on deeper responsibility for project delivery and client management. Naturally, a key part of this will be to demonstrate Clear’s unique insight into the Chinese market to clients and to educate Clear Consultants on the specific challenges and opportunities in making marketing solutions in China stick.
In the medium to long term there may be an opportunity for the successful candidate to establish a real presence on the ground in China.
Developing personal capabilities
- Conducts first-party research, including consumer and business stakeholder interviews
- Researches current trends and best practice brand examples using a range of primary and secondary sources
- Conducts competitor and category analyses
- Summarises multiple sources of data to identify key themes and insights
- Demonstrates a passion for understanding our clients’ business models and assets to recommend strategies that are ownable and unique
- Produces deliverables that are clearly constructed and visually engaging with clear recommendations, led by insights and data
- Contributes to the development of proposals
- Manages external and internal communications to keep project teams and clients fully up-to-speed
Building Chinese expertise and footprint
- Builds fresh perspectives and content on the Chinese consumer, market and brand challenges to grow Clear’s reputation as a Chinese expert
- Acts as a sounding-board for all incoming Chinese opportunities, drawing sharp hypotheses based on market understanding and dynamics and advising on approaches which are fit for local purpose
- Inputs on all projects with a Chinese component to ensure insights and implications are rooted in the local context
- Proactively identifies potential targets with current or future challenges in China, working closely with our Marketing Director to create bespoke targeting strategies
- Sources a network of on-the-ground Chinese specialists, e.g. industry experts, capability specialists etc., who can collaborate on challenges when the need arises
- Works closely with the CEO over time to align on potential routes to market and means of best establishing an on-the-ground presence in China
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- It is essential that you are bilingual Mandarin and English speaker
- Have the flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally if required.
- Experience working in a marketing environment, with exposure to brand strategy would be desirable
- Confidence in building and managing relationships at all levels
- Excellent organisation skills, with ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent grasp of Microsoft Office, including advanced PowerPoint knowledge
Culture and rewards are an important part of making Clear an energised place to work with smart, ambitious and creative people. We recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development. As a global network and there have been many secondments and transfers between our Clear international offices. Clear has an entrepreneurial, innovative culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. Our people make us successful and we enjoy many social events, parties, adventure holidays, quiz nights, charity fundraising events.
Regardless of role within the business, there are certain values and behaviours we look for in the people in Clear:
- Collaborative - Puts the team first. Encourages people to be better. Follows through on commitments to each other. Is honest, constructive & listens to others.
- Inspiring - Shares best practice so we can develop. Learns from experience and feeds back to the team. Is brave.
- Simple - Simplifies complex issues and communicates clearly and frequently. Tells powerful stories. Approaches situations with ideas and solutions.
- Commercial - Takes action and makes things happen. Recognises the commercial relevance of work. Focuses and prioritises effectively.
Package and Benefits
- Clear is able to offer successful candidates Tier 2 visa sponsorship
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Dental cover
- Pension scheme
- 2 x Weekly company paid sharing lunch
Closing date: 28th July 2018
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
*No agencies please*