Associate Director/Director, Retail Practice
Clear is seeking to add an inspirational Director to the team. The role sits within our growing US team, with a focus on the Retail & Brand Experience offer and stretching across a breadth of brand/marketing strategy projects (positioning/repositioning, brand experience strategy & design, shopper research, retail reinvention and activation), qualitative and quantitative research and insight work. You will be an active and engaged leader within our Dayton, Ohio office, responsible for leading projects from brief through to successful delivery with support from a project team. You will have a passion and skill for the opportunities within retail and brand experience, growing existing and new client relationships, while also able to roll your sleeves up and deliver. There are also opportunities for offer and IP development, as well as line management of more junior team members, as part of the role.
What we are looking for
Regardless of role within our business there are certain qualities that help people succeed at Clear:
- Can do attitude – with a track record of getting involved and getting things done
- Commerciality – a focus on the tangible client benefit and business relevance of our work
- Clarity – in the way they communicate and express ideas (visually & verbally)
- Curiosity – a deep desire to know and understand more about our clients and our offer
- Engaging passion – working with others with enthusiasm, passion and humor
- Better together – working effectively as a team; collaboration at the heart of solutions
- Challenge & creativity – constantly looking for new and better ways to do things
- Lead projects from start to finish, putting strategic thinking at the heart of the project, ensuring quality, rigor and creativity of thinking and clarity of storytelling
- Manage the profitability of large projects, maximizing revenue or decreasing costs where appropriate, in line with our entrepreneurial spirit (tracking project workload and resources)
- Quality control: maintaining the highest standards of output – in visual and verbal communications with the client, workshop environments and broader IP
- Manage and inspire consultant(s) to deliver the project successfully, including overseeing all logistics and finances associated with the projects being managed
- Facilitate others in generating ideas, leading the creative process with clients
- Deliver compelling client presentations and experiences
- Identify opportunities for new projects and added revenue from existing clients and convert these into project work
- Cultivate relationships with new clients – taking client briefs, develop and deliver proposals
- Identify opportunities and develop content for IP development: both internally to improve CLEAR’s processes, and externally for marketing materials
Can extract insights from complex pieces of research, particularly quantitative, qualitative and commercial data. Can connect the dots to identify the implications and big ideas that insights inspire.
Strategic & Creative Thinker
Can analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and reason potential ways forward. Can identify the key issues or factors that make a difference to success. Thinks laterally to solve a challenge.
Ability to look beyond the project brief and understand a project objective in the context of the broader business and growth challenge. Ability to assess and tell a story about commercial impact of a strategic recommendation and identify opportunities for follow-up business.
Natural projects manager
Appreciates the role of great client management and will ensure high standards across all client touchpoints. Anticipates client needs before they are articulated, suggests alternative courses of action and has the information to map out implications to aid decision-making. Seeks to manage and improve profitability through maximizing revenue or decreasing costs on a project.
Excited by Winning
Personally excited to win new clients. Comfortable actively approaching to new clients, is persistent in developing client relationships. Successfully leads pitches and new biz meetings. Leads account development by spotting farming opportunities. Monitors and acts on client feedback.
A big thinker
Develop offer and support business management. Evolves and improves current approaches. Improves and enhances business tools.
Represents a positive role model with ability to motivate, coach and inspire others. Leads thinking on all areas of Clear including people, product and process. Lives the Clear values.
- Approximately 10+ years brand or marketing strategy consultancy or relevant client
side experience (CPG or Retail)
- Solid experience in both quantitative and qualitative research and insight development
- Strong experience and understanding of shopper and brand experience/retail environment research
- Solid understanding of all aspects of business and brand strategy and product/service innovation
- Ability to understand brand and marketing issues from both a strategic and commercial perspective, thinking laterally and creatively
- Rich experience working on a range of brand problems across a range of clients – with a focus on CPG, Retail and B2C products and services
- Evidence of new business development experience
- Relevant undergraduate & post-graduate degrees, MBA in Marketing preferred
*No agencies please*