Associate Creative Director
Clear is a global marketing strategy consultancy with offices in New York, LA, Dayton, London and Singapore that specializes in insight-led strategy, experience and innovation. We believe that complexity and change are the greatest barriers to value creation for our clients. The answer lies in clarity.
Our way of working continues to differentiate us: a relentless focus on clarity, a rigorously commercial mind-set and the belief in bringing inspiration to every stage of every project. Our small, passionate, diverse teams collaborate with clients throughout the entire journey to identify and execute bold growth strategies.
What we are looking for
Regardless of role within our business there are certain qualities that help people succeed at Clear:
- Can do attitude – with a track record of getting involved and getting things done
- Commerciality – a focus on the tangible client benefit and business relevance of our work
- Clarity – in the way they communicate and express ideas (visually & verbally)
- Curiosity – a deep desire to know and understand more about our clients and our offer
- Engaging passion – working with others with enthusiasm, passion and humor
- Better together – working effectively as a team, collaboration at the heart of solutions
- Challenge & creativity – constantly looking for new and better ways to do things
Great design has always been at the heart of our offer and is a crucial component of our ability to deliver marketing strategies that have clear impact. Design helps us deliver strategies that cut through because they are truly inspiring and brilliantly simple.
We are looking for a strong Associate Creative Director to join the Clear team in New York. This person will act as the “right hand” to our Senior Director of Creative. The Associate Creative Director is responsible for the quality of Clear’s creative output and will help provide strategic leadership and motivation to the creative team – ensuring Clear builds long-term client relationships while contributing to an inspiring and collaborative creative culture.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced and talented Graphic Designer who is passionate about inspiring creativity in others, as well as being hands on in shaping, growing and differentiating our design offer. The Associate Creative Director will be involved in transforming the business, so we are looking for someone who is ambitious and full of creative ideas they want to bring to life, helping to maximize design’s impact on both our client work and on our overall business performance.
The successful candidate will be multi-disciplinary and understand how to create experiences – anything from video to digital applications to a pop-up store. He or she should also understand how to build successful strategies, as this role works very closely with strategy consultants at Clear. Additionally, this person should be both a thinker and a doer: a person with vision, enthusiasm, energy and integrity who consistently collaborates to deliver against high standards and make things happen.
- Take creative leadership on assigned client accounts
- Produce creative solutions that reflect or instill distinctive brand personality and are true to Clear’s values
- Develop strong relationships with clients, management, and with the other internal teams at Clear
- Help direct and inspire other creative members of the team to fulfill client needs and elevate the quality of our work
- Provide clear, insightful and objective critiques of creative work in connection to the strategic vision
- Help to ensure that deadlines are complete, accurate and followed
- Teach creative philosophy, values, and beliefs to the broader team
- Act as mentor for other junior members of the team
- Help lead cultural initiatives and training to motivate, retain and build a strong creative team
- Remain current and communicate industry trends and techniques
- Contribute to business development through new and organic growth opportunities
- Contribute to pitches and proposals to ensure creative is meaningfully leveraged to bring our work to life
- Support senior leaders in management of client financial reporting, forecasting and profitability
Skills & Qualifications
- An outstanding track record and body of work that demonstrates creativity, intellect, practicality and effectiveness across numerous avenues: CPG, retail, healthcare, technology, corporate identity
- Detailed multi-discipline design knowledge with ability to direct the optimal brand experience across all touchpoints: digital, print, pack, environment, video/motion, etc.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent in Graphic Design or Visual Communications
- Minimum 5-8 years design experience with 2-4 years experience managing/leading creative teams
- Experience with and understanding of 3D environments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Thinking strategically as well as aesthetically, delivering big ideas that enable transformation
- A proven team player, driven by delivering results through collaboration
- A powerful storyteller, with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- A detail-oriented problem solver
Powerfully Insightful: Can extract insights from complex inputs and identify the implications and opportunities for big, inspiring ideas
Strategic & Creative Thinker: Can analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and reason potential ways forward
Commercially-Minded: Ability to assess and tell a story about commercial impact of recommendations and identify opportunities for follow-up business
Inspiring Leader: Ability to motivate, coach and inspire others. Contributes to thinking on all areas of Clear including people, product and process
World-Class Designer: Driven to direct and deliver compelling, world-class creative outputs that uphold and elevate the quality of our work while realizing the full potential of the strategy
*No agencies please*